Welcome back to the 2022-23 school year! This Back-to-School (B2S) page contains a variety of information for all students in grades Pre-K thru 12 to be prepared for for the beginning weeks of the school year. Make sure to bookmark this page and check back for continued updates as we look forward to starting the new school year. You can also subscribe to the back-to-school calendar that you see on this page to keep up on all of the important dates for the beginning of the school year.
Good attendance is vital to the academic success of every student. Please make sure your student arrives at school on time every day. Click here for more information on attendance: Arrival and Bell Schedule
Your child should stay home from school if they meet any of the following criteria:
- A fever of 100 degrees or higher (fever must be gone for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication before sending back to school)
- A severe or persistent cough
- Diarrhea or vomiting (keep home until 24 hours after the last episode)
As part of the 2022-23 school year Safety Plan, students may not enter the building until 7:45am at the High School and Elementary School main doors. The Elementary Playground entrance will continue to be a drop-off point starting at 7:45am. The "Old Main" High School entrance will only be open for bus drop-offs from 7:55-8:05am.
Drop-Off and Arrival Points:
(These are locations and times students may be dropped-off and enter the building)
7:45am - High School Main Entrance
7:45am - Elementary Main Entrance
7:45am - Elementary Playground Entrance
7:55am - "Old Main" Entrance (bus drop-offs only)
Cell phone/personal device use in the Shanksville-Stonycreek School District is a privilege for students in grades 9-12 at the district's discretion and oversight. District personnel have the right to determine the scope of use of cell phones and/or personal devices district-wide or on a case-by-case basis. The district may alter device use policies or forbid the use of devices at any point in time as the district sees necessary. Students must adhere to the following guidelines regarding use of cell phones/personal devices during the school day.
- Only students in grades 9-12 may have a cell phone/device visible during the school day. Students in pre-k - 8th grade should not have a cell phone/personal device on-hand at any time during the day. In this case, the device will be confiscated and will be released only to a parent.
- Devices should only be used in the classroom per that teacher's direction and discretion. Students should not be using devices at any point during a class period without the teacher's approval. Falilure to comply will result in: 1st Offense - a worning; 2nd Offense - teacher confiscation of device for remainder of the period; 3rd offense and beyond - confiscation of device and release only to parents.
- The taking of photgraphs/video in a bathroom or locker room will result in permanent loss of device privileges with additional subsequent discipline.
- Students will not record video or audio or take photographs in the classroom at any point in time without teacher approval. This will result in the confiscation of the device only to be released to parents.