A variety of scholarships for juniors and/or seniors are available at www.studentscholarships.org.
The Community Foundation for the Alleghenies' scholarships can be accessed at www.cfalleghenies.org/scholarships. When students log in or create an account, they will take an eligibility quiz to be matched with all of the awards they may be eligible to apply for. Current scholarships available through CFA:
- Feb 28 - $1,000 - Pride of Somerset County awards a graduating senior in Somerset County who plans to attend a post-secondary school for Gender Studies, LGBQT affairs or practices, or Behavioral Health and who has financial need.
- Feb 28 - Amount TBD - Tika Hetrick, Cory Roadman, Tucker Memorial Scholarship awards students who worked at Hickory Hollow Campground or Haunted Hollow and available to graduating seniors and nontraditional students so long as they're pursuing post-secondary education.
- Feb 28 - $1,000 - Andy's Army Scholarship, in honor of the Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center Nursing Staff provides scholarship support for a graduating senior from Cambria or Somerset County who has been accepted to a post-secondary educational institution to study nursing.
- Feb 28 - $7,700 - J.L. Martin Scholarship was created to award outstanding students who are in need of financial assistance in order to obtain higher education and who will likely succeed in their schooling and make good future citizens. Students may be attending a college, university, or trade/technical school and the scholarship is renewable up to four years.
- Feb 28 - $2,500 - McCready Family Scholarship Fund provides a scholarship award to a high school graduate from Cambria, Somerset, or Bedford County who plans to pursue an academic degree relating to communications, journalism, or English at UPJ.
- Feb 28 - $3,000 - William R. Lloyd, Jr. Scholarship supports graduating seniors of Somerset County who intend to major in Government, Political Science, or Politics. The award has been endowed by former State Representative Bill Lloyd to encourage Somerset County students to pursue careers in public service. The scholarship will be paid out in the winner's sophomore year of college and is renewable for their junior and senior years if certain eligibility requirements are met.
- Feb 28 - $500 - Brian Wincer Goals 4 Education Scholarship is open to any student attending a school in Cambria or Somerset County. Eligible applicants should have a history of participation in high school athletics, studied a foreign language, and displayed leadership through a class or club officer position.
- Apr 15 - $1,000 - Doyle E. Paul Memorial Scholarship was created in memory of Doyle Paul, who was devoted to promoting the agriculture industry in Somerset County and on a state and national level. Eligible applicants must be graduating from a Somerset County school district and must be a member of the Pennsylvania FFA Association. They also must be planning to pursue post-secondary education or training directly related to the practice of agriculture or agribusiness at an accredited post-secondary college, university or technical school.
- Jul 1 - $1,000 - Camp PARC Helping Hand Scholarship. Applicants must have served in a position for a minimum of two years for the duration of any of the camping sessions at Camp PARC in addition to or including the summer in which they apply for the scholarship.
Feb 28 - Lalitta Nash McKaig Scholarship - for seniors. In 2022 the Lalitta Nash McKaig Foundation will be offering renewable scholarships ranging from $3,000 to $6,000 each. Applicant must plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate or graduate-study at an accredited two or four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year. Stop in the guidance office for more information or visit their website at https://learnmore.scholarshipapply.org/mckaigscholarship.
March 1 - Hermine Solt Scholarship - Each year the PA Association of Educational Office Professionals offers the Hermine Solt Student Scholarship which is a $500 scholarship for a Pennsylvania High School senior who is pursuing higher education in a business-related field (office technology, accounting, secretarial, business education (including business education teaching), business management, etc. Interested students should visit their website at www.paeop.com for an application.
March 1 - First Commonwealth Bank $1000.00 - Applicant must be a senior with a 3.0 or higher GPA, attending a college or university and must complete an application and essay (500 words or less) detailing how they have made a difference in their community and how that involvement impacted their community and life. Entries must be submitted online at http://www.fcbanking.com/scholarship
March 15 Horatio Alger Scholarship - criteria: be an 11th grade student with plans to enter college the fall of 2023, exhibit a strong commitment to complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution, demonstrate critical financial need, be involved in co-curricular and community service activities, display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 and be a U.S. citizen. Applicants must apply online at scholars.horatioalger.org.
April 6 - Do you receive electricity from Somerset Rural Electric Cooperative at your residence? If so, you are eligible to apply for a $1000 college scholarship. Applications are available in the guidance office. You must include a copy of your college acceptance letter and a short essay.
April 11 - Soroptimist International of Somerset County Scholarship - Any senior who is attending a college or trade school in the fall may apply. Applications will be judged on various criteria including financial need, grades, extracurricular activities and a short essay. Applications are available in the guidance office.
raise.me - Free for every 9th-12th grade student! A place where students can earn scholarships for their achievements in class, attendance, participation or leadership roles in sports & clubs, community service, test scores and more. Check out today how you can build a portfolio and start earning! www.raise.me